Last week I had a serious craving for chicken fajitas! It was all I could do not to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant and get some. I thought though, that it would just be overwhelming with temptations that are not paleo. While I am not 100% paleo yet, I am trying not to fall into my old habits. So instead of going to the restaurant I made them at home! Easy peasy.
No chips and salsa, no tortillas, no cheese, no sour cream. Awesome. All the temptations were gone. So here’s how I made them.
2 bell peppers
2 chicken breasts
1. Chop the bell peppers and onions.
2. Heat olive oil (not extra virgin) in a skillet on the stove.
3. Add onions and bell peppers
4. Chop chicken into strips
5. When the peppers and onions start to soften, add chicken to the pan
6. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through
7. Add taco seasoning and water (the water helps to disperse the seasoning all over the chicken and veggies)
8. Serve on a bed of lettuce, topped with guacamole and salsa
This dinner definitely satisfied the craving for chicken fajitas without blowing my diet. It was wonderful the next day for lunch as well. The flavors just merry and get even better the longer it sits. Delish! I got to the point where I quit eating the lettuce and would just eat the chicken and veggies. YUM! It’s very versatile. You could also make paleo tortillas or serve with plantain chips. Both would be great paleo options.
Have you guys made any yummy paleo recipes? Is there any substitutes you use to paleo-fy things?