Here is a photo blog of Clyde at Lake Elmo! Enjoy! He’s a silly boy!
Monthly Archives: October 2014
I made the most amazing stuffed chicken breast the other night. It was so good. I literally could not get enough. Definitely give it a try! The idea for this recipe came to me while I was enjoying some jalapeño artichoke dip with crackers. Here is the recipe!
Jalapeño Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
2 chicken breasts
1 package Stonemill’s Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
4 slices peppered bacon (preferably nitrate free)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Pound the chicken breasts out to 1/4 inch thickness
3. Scoop out about a tablespoon or 2 of the dip to the chicken
4. Spread the dip around the chicken in a thin layer
5. Roll the chicken breast up
6. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around the chicken roll
7. Place toothpicks in each end of the bacon to hold in place
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts
I know there’s a million recipes out there for paleo spaghetti. This is one of my favorites. It was before I even decided to dab my toes in the paleo world. I have made spaghetti squash a million ways, spaghetti, mac n cheese, buttered, buttered & herbed, you name it. It’s so delicious and versatile.
16oz chicken stock
4Tbsp butter (preferably organic and grass-fed)
Herbs of your choice (I used parsley)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice squash in half.
3. Remove the seeds from the center.
4. Place flesh down in a baking dish.
5. Pour chicken stock into the dish.
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until soft.
7. Use a fork to break the squash out of the shell.
8. Place butter and herbs in a bowl to melt.
I’m a total cheater here and prepare while your squash is roasting, about 20 minutes left)
1lb hamburger (preferably grass fed, organic)
Store-bought jar of spaghetti sauce (I used garden vegetable)
Small can tomato sauce
Small can tomato paste
1. Brown hamburger with garlic and onion.
2. Once the hamburger is browned, add jar of sauce with a little water.
3. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste.
4. Heat until heated through.
5. Let simmer until squash is ready.
Pour the sauce over the squash “noodles” to your liking. Enjoy!
Taco Potato Puffs
1 bag Alexa’s Seasoned Potato Puffs
1lb taco meat
Taco Sauce and/or salsa
Other Taco Toppings
1. Bake potato puffs according to package instructions.
2. While potato puffs are baking, brown hamburger, add taco seasoning
3. Layer potato puffs, taco meat, and desired toppings
4. Devour and love the fact they are approximately 550 calories!
My first month of Essential Rewards! Yes, it took 6 months to work up the courage to sign up for Essential Rewards. Greatest. Decision. Ever. ER has gotten me so excited for trying new oils and the thought that I get some for free!?!?! WHAT?!?! What in the world took me so long to get on board? The commitment that’s what. I have some commitment issues I guess you could say. Ha! I’m so glad that I have signed up, though. Here’s what I got in my September ER order.
Free for 190PV:
5ml Raven Blend
Samples of-peppermint, Thieves, and lavender
Lavender seems to be my best selling oil. It makes sense, though, it is often referred to as the “Swiss Army Knife” of oils. When in doubt use lavender.
Clyde’s BarkBox was kind of exciting this month! I think he really liked it actually. Here’s what it contained.
PetProjekt Football Tretbal
Etta Says Duck Chew
Muddy Buddy Dog Mop
Safemade Pet Barkeley Pennant
Nootie Jerky Burger BBQ Duck
I have to say the dog mop was amazing! I used it on Clyde after his last bath and it really did soak up a TON of the water! Way better than a standard bath towel ever could.
Clyde is also always playing with the football. So much that I haven’t even been able to test out putting treats in it! He loves balls though. He could play with them all day, every day.
Clyde isn’t very interested in the pennant. I think it’s been sitting in the same spot since I gave it to him out of the box. Oh well, not every toy can be a hit I suppose.
We haven’t had a chance for the treats or the duck chew. In due time. He started agility training so that may be a good place to use up some of the treats we’ve been getting in the boxes. Score!